Around the age of 3, the Child shows an interest to hold a pencil and to scribble. It is so important to teach them to hold the pencil correctly from the start, because correcting the pencil-grip at a later stage of their development; is very difficult; this is why we suggest the care-giver uses this Large Triangular Pencil for Toddlers, as their first pencil.
Introducing the pencil too early, may become frustrating, and end up being an unpleasant experience for all concerned. Not all hand muscles are sufficiently developed before the age of 3, and the Child’s fine finger muscles will not be strong enough to hold the pencil correctly.
Features of the Large Triangular Pencil for Toddlers
- the larger size aids the learning process
- the 3-sided pencil is more comfortable to hold
- indirectly, children will instinctively hold the pencil correctly, using the “pincer grip”
- a quality, and affordable HB pencil
18 cm long x 1 cm thick / ( 7″ x ½” )
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- Introduce My First Rattle to the infant to encourage gross and fine muscle development
- stimulate the Child’s creativity with the 12 Jumbo Coloured Pencils
- the Flip-Lid Sharpener with Holder teaches the Child how to sharpen a pencil correctly
Further Reading and Resources:
- Read the blog How we Montessori- Let’s talk about pencil grip
- Beyond Markers and Crayons by Michaela Tuckova offers concrete tips for activities and exercises