The Sewing – 3 Part Cards, introduce the Child to various accessories commonly found in a sewing basket. Children often observe their care-giver mending items of clothing, and find it fascinating, so can’t wait to try it out for themselves. Sewing provides the perfect opportunity to develop hand-eye coordination, and muscle control.
Examples of the Word Cards:
|pin cushion||embroidery hoop||sewing pin||seam ripper||tape measure|
Features of the Sewing – 3 Part Cards:
- the direct objective for the Child, is to:
- learn the correct nomenclature of items used for sewing
- indirectly, the Child:
- expand their vocabulary
- improves their focus and concentration
- this activity form part of the Montessori practical life curriculum.
Contents of Sewing – 3 Part Cards:
- 14 sets of classified cards with beautiful ‘real’ illustrations in vibrant colours
- each set has a control, mute and image card
- the cards are stored in an A6 transparent, plastic envelope to store them on the Montessori shelf
- control card – 13.5cm x 9cm / (5¼” x 3½”)
- plastic envelope – 18cm x 13cm x 0.5cm / (7″ x 5″ x ¼”)