Use this activity to learn how to analyse and build sentences
Children cannot wait to learn how to write, and the Printed Alphabet Red with Box, is a versatile product, that helps them achieve this goal. Use this activity to practice word, and sentence building, to help them become proficient writers and readers.
Why are there both red and blue letters?
Use both the red, and blue printed alphabet letters together. The blue letters are consonants, and the red are vowels. This material complements the Montessori green reading series. Introduce the Child to this activity when they have demonstrated the ability to analyse, and reorganise graphic symbols, for phonetic sounds.
Objectives of the Printed Alphabet Red with Box
- to develop, and practice, word, and sentence building skills
- indirectly, the Child;
- improves problem solving abilities
- develop the ability to recognise patterns
- improve their written communication skills
- analyse, and thereby manipulate language to achieve their goal
- the material includes capital letters, and punctuation symbols, which enhances these activities
- this activity supports the Montessori writing, and reading curriculum
Contents of the box of Red Printed Alphabet Letters
- contains all 26 letters of the alphabet
- each card has a letter printed in lower case on the one side, and upper case on the reverse side
- contains some punctuation symbols
- 24 cards, of both letters, and punctuation symbols
- stored in a birch ply box
The box is 33cm x 24cm x 5cm / ( 13″ x 9½” x 2″ ), and the cards are 2cm x 5cm / ( ¾” x 2″ ) except W and M which are wider
One of the attractions to the Montessori Method is the extensive use of wood.
We use several types of wood, sourced from renewable sources, in the production of our Montessori Materials.
- Solid beechwood for cylinder blocks, pink towers, dressing frames and brown stairs.
- Birchply for trays, holders and animal and botany puzzles.
- MDF for puzzle maps
- Pineply for boxes and containers
We ensure that the coatings and inks used are not only eco-friendly, but also non-toxic.
Our wooden products are manufactured by responsible partner factories both locally and abroad and ensure that fair labour practices are adopted.
Care instructions for Childrens House Wooden Materials:
- If wooden products are exposed to liquids, wipe dry as quickly as possible.
- Most of the surfaces can be wiped with a damp cloth if exposed to dirt or grime.
- Avoid leaving any of our wooden product in direct sunlight, as it may warp certain woods and/ or the coating may fade over time.
This product qualifies for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 days shipping calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 days shipping calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- start by building 3 letter words with The Large Moveable Alphabet
- build longer words with The Small Moveable Alphabet
- The Montessori Green Reading Series is the last step in the phonetic reading series
Further Reading and Resources
- Read the blog about What it is and how to use it with your Child