The Logical Adjective Exercise Game has two separate boxes both with adjective and noun word and header cards. Present the game to the Child, beginning with box no. 1, which aligns with the Pink and Blue Reading Series. When they have gained a solid understanding of adjectives and how they are used, continue onto box no. 2, which contains more complex nouns and adjectives. Box no. 2 is aligned to the level of reading found in the Green Reading Series and beyond.
Optional use of the grammar noun symbol, a black pyramid and the adjective symbol, a large blue triangle can be incorporated; once the Child has mastered the concept of adjectives describing nouns. These symbols are not included in this game but are sold separately.
Examples of the Word Cards
|Box Number||Adjective Word Card||Noun Word Card|
Feature of the Logical Adjective Exercise Game Boxes
- the direct objective of this material:
- Child/ren understand the function of adjectives
- indirectly, the Child/ren improve
- their vocabulary
- learn how to read with understanding
- they will instinctively recognise when an adjective makes logical sense
- aligned to the Montessori language curriculum
Contents of the Logical Adjective Exercise Game Boxes
- 2 plastic boxes, each – 8cm x 8cm x 3cm / (3″ x 3″ x 1″)
- 1 header card, printed on blue – Adjective
- 1 header card, printed on black – Noun
- 12-word cards printed on blue – adjectives
- 12-word cards printed on black -nouns
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
How to Play the Game
- The teacher presents the logical adjective game to the Child, then asks them to show how it is played
- The Child selects the noun header and places it on the top, to the right of the mat
- S/he then selects all the black noun cards and lays them down, one below the other
- They sound out each noun word, then reads them out aloud
- Next, they select the adjective header card, and lay it to the left of the noun header
- Selecting one adjective word card, they lay it under the header card, to the left of the noun word card
- S/he then reads the adjective and the noun out loud
- Does it make sense? If yes, they leave the adjective card there and select a second card to repeat the exercise
- If it does not make sense, they remove the adjective card from the first noun word and try it with the second noun word.
- They continue testing each adjective to the noun word until it sounds logical.