This is the first of a new range of reading books, the Childrens Readers: Emergent. These books form part of the Key Links series. Aimed at the Child who has developed a strong foundation in phonetic reading, these children will also have developed a strong grasp of the phonograms, (a blend or combination of letters that represent a sound i.e. ck = /k/ in the word clock). These readers are aligned to the CAPS curriculum. Children will increase their vocabulary and comprehension as they follow the realistic, exciting and educational stories.
These books are suitable for the teacher to read to the class as a whole or to sit with an individual child.
The six books cover a variety of subjects. All the book use true-to-life visuals and they are contextually accurate. The titles listed below increase in complexity and range from the beginner reader to that of the more advanced.
- What Next? – this book introduces the progression of the life cycle of the hen’s egg, the fish eggs and the crocodile’s egg.
- Sleeping Animals – introduction to comprehension, children get the opportunity to answer the questions posed by the storyline.
- Racing – introduces the concept of the past tense and how to ask questions.
- What is Long – all the animals in this book have some part of their anatomy that is long.
- Whiskers – all the animals in this book have whiskers. Ask the questions why and how they help the animal.
The Preview Panel Provides a Prompt
All the books in the Childrens Readers: Emergent series, are language rich, with high quality realistic photographs demonstrating the story or theme. The preview panel (on the right hand side of every double page), prompts the teacher to guide the Child as they are reading aloud, thereby focusing on:
- Phonic Knowledge
- Phonemic Awareness
- Oral, Written and Visual Language
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- Childrens Readers – Grade R
- Childrens Readers – Grade 1
- Childrens Readers – Grade 2
- Childrens Readers – Grade 3