The Life Cycle of an Earthworm Activity describes how this invertebrate mates, (with itself), produces cocoons and eventually hatchlings are borne. This unique material takes the Child from the verbal story; developing the sensorial (concrete) understanding of the material with the objects (sold separately); to the abstract, with the incorporation of images and labels. Colour-coded material, coded according to the Montessori Animal Kingdom. The earthworms are invertebrates, and coded beige.
Contents of an Earthworm Activity:
- 1 x control chart
- 1st working chart called the labelled object working chart. Use with the objects (objects are sold separately).
- 2nd working chart called the unlabeled working chart, use with the image and labels.
- Replace the objects with the 4 small images. When ready, add the 4 labels onto the unlabeled working chart.
- The Child matches the real image of each life cycle of the earthworm, to the labeled image on the 4 activity cards.
- 1 set of 3-part cards, classifying the nomenclature for the very young child.
- 4 Definition cards with:
- a control card,
- a card with an incomplete phrase
- labels to complete the phrase.
- All contents are stored in a 4 plastic envelope.
The teacher can also use the definition cards as an aid as s/he tells the story of the life cycle of an earthworm activity to very young children.