The shelves for language and math materials, are useful items of furniture, that display the metal insets, or metal fraction circles, as well as other related materials. This one product accommodates the following activities, for storage and display purposes:
- the Metal Insets, the inset board and the metal insets tracing tray
- Metal Fraction Circles,
- Coloured Pencil Holders,
- Inset Paper and
- the Sandpaper Letters.
The shelves are made of Birch ply with 4 horizontal open shelves, which can be wall mounted, or stand on the floor.
This product is supplied as a flat-pack item, which reduces the transport costs. The shelf display is not available as an online purchase, and may be subject to additional courier costs.
Dimensions of the Shelves for Language and Math Materials
Manufactured from Birch ply, this stand has 4 shelves
79cm – tall x 29cm – wide x 13cm – deep / (31″ tall x 11½” wide x 5″ deep) and weighs 11.75kg / (25.9lb)
Please email us to find out how to purchase.
One of the attractions to the Montessori Method is the extensive use of wood.
We use several types of wood, sourced from renewable sources, in the production of our Montessori Materials.
- Solid beechwood for cylinder blocks, pink towers, dressing frames and brown stairs.
- Birchply for trays, holders and animal and botany puzzles.
- MDF for puzzle maps
- Pineply for boxes and containers
We ensure that the coatings and inks used are not only eco-friendly, but also non-toxic.
Our wooden products are manufactured by responsible partner factories both locally and abroad and ensure that fair labour practices are adopted.
Care instructions for Childrens House Wooden Materials:
- If wooden products are exposed to liquids, wipe dry as quickly as possible.
- Most of the surfaces can be wiped with a damp cloth if exposed to dirt or grime.
- Avoid leaving any of our wooden product in direct sunlight, as it may warp certain woods and/ or the coating may fade over time.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Reading and Resources
The 5 areas of the Montessori Curriculum are easily identifiable in an organised Montessori classroom, as described by the Montessori Academy.