After introducing the Child to the Horse Puzzle, we suggest you present the Horse Puzzle Activity to them. The activity introduces the Child to the body parts of the horse. Using concrete materials (the puzzle), the Child absorbs the look, and feel of the individual parts of the horse. By internalising this information, they can more easily move from the concrete to the abstract understanding of the words to describe the horse’ body parts, preparing them for reading and (indirectly) writing. This includes their cognitive abilities, i.e. the development of skills which allow children to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend complex ideas, learn quickly, and learn from experience.
- 3 Control Sheets representing the real image of the horse and the outline of parts (labelled and unlabeled)
- 7 Labels for the unlabeled control sheet
- 3-part cards consisting of the 7 parts of the horse (control, mute image and label)
- 1 x A4 Clear plastic envelope to hold contents.
What is the Puzzle Activity?
They are extensions to the zoological puzzles. Childrens House has taken the traditional zoology puzzle and designed activities to work around it. The contents include activities, labels and a 3-part card set. This enhances the Child’s enjoyment in the process of learning. Expanding their knowledge of the inter-relationship of all living things; we all have eyes, mouths, ears and hearts to a greater or lesser degree.
All the puzzle activities are color-coded and aligned to the standard classification of the animal kingdom. This material is aimed at the 3 to 6 environment and will prepare the Child for the zoology lower elementary class.
How does it Work?
The horse puzzle activity allows for growth and expansion, you can find that this one product offers several activities, some examples are:
- After working with the horse puzzle, the Child familiarises themselves with the labelled control sheet, placing each part of the puzzle on top of the line image of the horse.
- Next step, match the label to the parts of the horse on the unlabeled sheet.
- As a bit of fun, have the Child build the puzzle on the work table and use the labels to label the parts as they say the word.
- Finally, they can use the labels to name the various parts on the real horse.
- The last step is for the Child to familiarize themselves with the 3-part card set.
- The Child will enjoy tracing around the puzzle parts and colouring them in.
- Make a copy of the unlabeled control sheet. Give the Child a label and ask them to copy the word next to the part of the horse on the copy of this unlabeled control sheet and to colour it in.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- The Horse Puzzle
- The Horse Skeleton Puzzle
- Parts of a Horse Activity
- Tortoise Puzzle Activity
- Fish Puzzle Activity
- Bird Puzzle Activity
- Frog Puzzle Activity
Further Reading and Resources