This quality product; The Colour Resemblance Sorting Activity; is made to suit the most exacting Montessori teacher’s design, and will provide hours of interesting work amongst the children in the 3 to 6 environment.
Features of The Colour Resemblance Sorting Task
- the direct objectives for the Child, are to;
- learn to name the colours
- grade the colours from dark to light, or vice-versa
- indirectly, the Child;
- understands the concept of grading objects or things
- improves their focus and concentration
- develops their fine motor skills
- this activity is an extension to colour box 2
- a silky smooth, wooden activity
Contents of The Colour Resemblance Sorting Task
- 6 colour sorting blocks
- 6 colour peg stands
- 24 colour pegs
- 6 groups of 4 pegs each; in variegated colours
- everything is stored in a square beech wood box with a loose lid
- sorting blocks and colour peg stands – 16cm x 5.5cm x 1.5cm / (6¼” x 2″ x 1½”)
- pegs – 5cm / (2″) tall and a 2cm / (¾”) diameter
- box – 28cm x 28cm x 7cm / (11″ x 11″ x 2¾”)
One of the attractions to the Montessori Method is the extensive use of wood.
We use several types of wood, sourced from renewable sources, in the production of our Montessori Materials.
- Solid beechwood for cylinder blocks, pink towers, dressing frames and brown stairs.
- Birchply for trays, holders and animal and botany puzzles.
- MDF for puzzle maps
- Pineply for boxes and containers
We ensure that the coatings and inks used are not only eco-friendly, but also non-toxic.
Our wooden products are manufactured by responsible partner factories both locally and abroad and ensure that fair labour practices are adopted.
Care instructions for Childrens House Wooden Materials:
- If wooden products are exposed to liquids, wipe dry as quickly as possible.
- Most of the surfaces can be wiped with a damp cloth if exposed to dirt or grime.
- Avoid leaving any of our wooden product in direct sunlight, as it may warp certain woods and/ or the coating may fade over time.
This product qualifies for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 days shipping calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 days shipping calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Further Reading and Resources
Children are fascinated with color. Learning to name and distinguish colors is one of those early skills, parents delight in observing. Maybe you’ve shared the classic Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? with your child. Maybe bedtime has included My Many Color…