The Montessori medium working rug defines the child’s work space. Maria Montessori talked about “freedom within limits”, in the Discovery of the Child. This was explained when she discussed school desks for children, and how unsuitable they were (in the early 1920’s).
All the children in the classroom take the clearly defined work space very seriously, and treat it with respect. No child will interfere with another child’s personal workspace. They learn it is never alright to disturb a classmate at work; or to join a classmate’s work space; unless given permission by that student.
Features of the Medium Working Rug
- made from natural cotton,
- easy to roll up,
- the stand for 6 floor mats stores mats, carpets or rugs,
- the medium working rug is light enough for a 3-year-old to carry
Size: 80 cm x 60 cm (31″ x 24″)
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Further Reading and Resources