The number set, known as the Black Numerals 1 to 1,000,000 does not include zero as a unit. The purpose of this activity, is to help children recognise the numeral symbols for each number in units, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, hundred thousands and one million.
Features of the Black Numerals 1 to 1 000 000:
- the direct objective of this activity, help children:
- discover that counting beyond the number nine, they move to the next level of numbers
- recognise the numerical symbol for each number
- indirectly, the Child:
- understands the concept that they can count to an infinite number
- learns to love mathematics.
- improves their self-confidence, focus and concentration
- similar, in size, to the small number cards
- this material is aimed at the 9 to 12 year old
- the colour coded visual prompt, normally used to aid the Child in the lower classes, is not used on this product
Contents of the Black Numerals:
- 54 numbers, printed in black on white card
- A5 transparent, plastic envelope to store the cards
Size: plastic envelope – 24cm x 17cm x 1.5cm / (9½” x 6¼” x ½”)
- Re-cycle card material
- Card does not tear
- Eco-friendly inks used
- No need to laminate
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth, if card is soiled
- Cool iron to flatten any inadvertent creases.