The material, Introduction to Decimal System with Trays, provides a visual and physical image of the decimal system 1 to 1000. The purpose of this material is to demonstrate place value and the concept that a decimal category can not exceed 9.
The set includes:
- 9 individual unit beads – stored in the small partition,
- 3 Birch wood boxes – 13cm square
- 1 holds the cube of 1,000 golden beads
- another holds the 9 squares of 100 golden beads
- the 3rd holds 9 bars of 10 golden beads,
- a Birch plywood tray – 45cm x 15.5cm x 4cm