The product; the Season Timeline in German; is an essential activity for every Montessori pre-school, that features the German language in their curriculum. Seasons divide the year, and are marked by changes in weather, ecology, and amount of daylight every month. As with any traditional Montessori material, the Child gains knowledge of more than just one subject. This activity indirectly provides the building blocks for mathematics, language, geography, time and culture.
The Features of the Season Timeline – German:
- the direct objective, for the Child is;
- to name each season and each month of the year, in sequential order
- indirectly, the Child will;
- learn to categorize the year by various events
- develop sequencing and matching skills
- be introduced to time
- forms part of the traditional Montessori curriculum for the early learner
- use this product in conjunction with the Birthday Circle to help the Child understand the passing of time
The Contents of the Season Timeline – German:
- 12 images to sequence each month of the year
- 4 header labels, naming each season
- a long mat with 12 divisions, 4 colour-coded groups of 3 divisions each
- each image represents the season that the month falls in.
- an ideal activity for the 3 to 6 class.
The following colours represent the seasons of the Northern Hemisphere for the season timeline in German:
- Summer – Yellow
- Autumn – Red
- Winter – Blue
- Spring – Green
It is important that the classroom has access to both the timelines of the seasons for the northern, and southern hemisphere. Using this resource; together with the phases of the moon; they will begin to grasp the differences between the 2 hemispheres.
- a washable mat – 160cm x 17cm / (63″ x 6¾”)
- 12 x cards – 10.5cm x 10.5cm / (4″ x 4″)
- 4 colour-coded header labels, describing the season in German
- stored in a clear plastic container with lid – 25.5cm x 14.5cm x 4.5cm / (10″ x 6″ x 1¾”)
- Available in French, Italian, Spanish & English