An essential activity in the Montessori pre-school is The Timeline of the Seasons for the Northern Hemisphere. Seasons divide the year marked by changes in weather, ecology and amount of daylight. As with any essential Montessori material, the Child gains knowledge of more than just one subject. This activity provides the indirect foundation building blocks for mathematics, language, geography and culture.
- 12 images sequencing of the months of the year.
- each image represents the season that the month falls in.
- an ideal activity for the 3 to 6 class.
The following colours represent the seasons of the Northern Hemisphere:
- Summer – Yellow
- Autumn – Red
- Winter – Blue
- Spring – Green
It is important that the classroom has access to both the timeline of the seasons for the northern and southern hemisphere. Using this resource together with the phases of the moon, they will begin to grasp the differences between the 2 hemispheres.
- the timeline is printed, in colour, on a washable mat – 176cm x 17cm / (69″ x 7″)
- 12 x cards – 10cm x 10cm / (4″ x 4″)
- stored in a clear plastic container with lid