Tim Seldin, President of the Montessori Foundation and Chair of the International Montessori Council in America, wrote this book with an eye to re-enforce the three fundamental elements of the Early Childhood Montessori program. These are:
- The sensorial exercises
- The practical exercises
- The cultural curriculum (history, geography, science, art and music)
The book is subdivided into four sections:
- Section One – The Montessori Way.
- Section Two – Mapping and Physical Geography.
- Section Two – Making Geography come Live.
- Section Three – History in the Montessori Environment.
- Section Four – Appendices.
The book is aimed at a variety of audiences –
- Experienced Montessori Early Childhood Educators
- Student teachers studying the Montessori curriculum
- Teachers in other schools who are interested in the Montessori philosophy and may possibly wish to implement aspects of this form of teaching
- Parents who are home-schooling children.
160 pp, soft cover, 2004 edition
Item No: 545600