After introducing the Child to the globes, the teacher presents the puzzle maps. Starting with an overview of the world maps, they next present the puzzle map of the continent, where the school is based. Use the World Labeled Control Mat, as a reference for children. This material helps them to label the individual pieces of the World puzzle map, working on their own. Control mats enable them to check their own work. As each label is placed on the puzzle map the Child names the countries, which reinforces their knowledge of the specific country, where it was placed.
A critical part of the introductory lesson shows the Child how to respect; and work with the puzzle pieces; as well as how to return the completed puzzle to the correct shelf in the map stand.
Features of the World Labeled Control Mat:
- the direct objective of this material is for the Child to;
- learn the name of each country of the World continents
- indirectly, the Child;
- improves their vocabulary skills
- develops reading and cognitive skills
- receives an introduction to geography
- curriculum support material; aligned to the Montessori geography curricula
- this product follows that of the globes, and any of the continent folders that the children will relate to
Contents of the World Labeled Control Mat:
- 1 x mat made from synthetic material – 58cm x 47cm / (22¾” x 18½”)
- sold in a transparent, plastic A5 envelope – 24cm x 16cm / (9½” x 6¼”)