The Wasp Puzzle is one of a range of wooden pegged puzzles. Realistically illustrated and very detailed, the puzzle illustrates the different component parts of an Insect.
The knobs on the individual puzzle pieces enable the child to lift the various pieces to complete the wasp. This action helps to develop the pincer grip.
Features of the Puzzle
- the direct objectives, for the Child are;
- to understand the key parts of a wasp
- improve their hand-eye coordination and their fine motor skills
- indirectly, the Child can;
- develop problem solving (cognitive) skills
- encourage an interest in the world around us
- improve their manipulative skills
- lay a sound foundation to improve their focus and concentration
- this activity is a great support for the Montessori zoology curriculum
Contents and Size
A birchply puzzle in a frame
24cm x 24cm x 0.5cm
(9½” x 9½ x ¼”)
One of the attractions to the Montessori Method is the extensive use of wood.
We use several types of wood, sourced from renewable sources, in the production of our Montessori Materials.
- Solid beechwood for cylinder blocks, pink towers, dressing frames and brown stairs.
- Birchply for trays, holders and animal and botany puzzles.
- MDF for puzzle maps
- Pineply for boxes and containers
We ensure that the coatings and inks used are not only eco-friendly, but also non-toxic.
Our wooden products are manufactured by responsible partner factories both locally and abroad and ensure that fair labour practices are adopted.
Care instructions for Childrens House Wooden Materials:
- If wooden products are exposed to liquids, wipe dry as quickly as possible.
- Most of the surfaces can be wiped with a damp cloth if exposed to dirt or grime.
- Avoid leaving any of our wooden product in direct sunlight, as it may warp certain woods and/ or the coating may fade over time.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- The Cricket Puzzle
- The Dragonfly Puzzle
- The Butterfly Puzzle
- The Ladybird Puzzle
- Cabinet for 5 Puzzles
- Insect Matching Activity
- Parts of a Spider Activity
- My First book of Insects
- Life Cycle of a Spider Objects
- Life Cycle of a Spider Activity
- Growth Process of a Butterfly Puzzle
- Vertebrate and Invertebrate Sorting Activity
Further Reading and Resources