There is no stopping the Child’s enthusiasm, once the Montessori guide has presented the Unit Division Board to them. The children immediately look for “sums” to practice their new activity, prompting our Montessori specialist to design the Unit Division Board Activity Set. The material consists of 5 sets of questions; from the ‘simple division equations without remainders’; to the more complex ‘reverse equation division’ tables.
Designed for the 6 to 9 environment, this product focuses on ensuring that the Child familiarises themselves with the various ways to divide numbers. Indirectly, the Child gains self-confidence, improves their focus and concentration and learns to love mathematics. It is designed for the 6 to 9 environment.
Features of the Unit Division Board Activity Set
- the direct objective of this activity for the Child is to:
- understand how the unit division sums work; using the dividends, 1 to 81 and divisors, 1 to 9
- indirectly, the Child:
- gains self-confidence
- improves their focus and concentration,
- and learns to love mathematics
- aimed at the 6 to 9 year old
- it is also used through the lower elementary environment
- this activity forms part of the Montessori mathematics curriculum
Contents of the Unit Division Board Activity Set
- 5 sets of header cards, setting out the equation
- a total of 47 equations
- the cards are self-checking
- the activities build in complexity
- children can work independently
- stored in an acrylic stand, to display the cards on the shelves
Size: 12 x 9 x 9.5 cm / (5″ x 3.5″ x 4″)
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- The Unit Division Board – the Unit Division Board as shown in the product image is sold separately.
- Division Working Chart Problem Slips
- Long Division
Further Reading and Resources
“When they leave the material, the children very easily reach the point where they wish to write out the operation… and acquire a kind of natural and spontaneous inclination for mental calculations.” (Maria Montessori, Discovery of the Child)