As well as being very rainy, the tropical rainforest is extremely humid. Beautiful photographs of the flora, fauna and animals that inhabit the tropical rainforest are in the biome folder. The inhabitants form the oldest living ecosystem on earth, with some of the most diverse; and complex; plant and animal species. Some of whom have survived for at least 70 million years.
Rainforests thrive on every continent except Antarctica. This material is not intended to be an exhaustive supply of images, and information for all the tropical rainforest environments in the world. We suggest that the teacher expands on this information, as projects for the children. Use the highlighted areas on the map as a guide for the Child, rather than a definitive boundary. This is due to the climate changes that impact each biome.
Features of the Tropical Rainforest Biome Folder
- the direct objective, is for children to;
- receive an introduction to geography, and the tropical rainforest biome
- indirectly, children;
- learn about the different climates
- understand the diversity of the world
- identify with areas that they can relate to
- broaden their horizons, stimulating an inquiring mind
- this is support material, aligned to the Montessori geography curriculum
- on the reverse of every image are facts, explaining the content of the photograph
- these cards offer the teacher a structure, that s/he can use to embellish on the image with stories, and facts.
Contents of the Tropical Rainforest Biome Folder
25 Images, and 1 title card, stored in an A5 transparent plastic envelope, to store on the shelf. The title card has an image of the World, with a band of green that displays the areas of the world, classified as tropical rainforests.
- 25 image cards reflect the following subjects in an image;
- and homes, amongst others
- the reverse of each image card lists pertinent facts relating to the images
- use this activity as a springboard to stimulate children’s imagination, encouraging them to expand their work
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
24cm x 17cm x 1.5cm / (9¾” x 6¾” x ¾”)
- World Biomes 3-Part Cards – an introduction to the nomenclature of each biome, this activity helps the Child to relate the vocabulary to the image of the type of biome being depicted.
- World Biomes Mat – the washable mat, illustrates all the biomes of the world, in beautiful colour; this provides a unique overview of the current identified biome environments, which are constantly changing.
- Polar Biomes Folder – this is also known as a desert because it has very little precipitation