Activity sets are based upon the botany and zoological puzzles used in the traditional Montessori classroom. Introduce the Child to the wonderful world of trees, with this Tree Puzzle Activity. This expands their knowledge of trees; and their vocabulary skills; as they move from the concrete through to the abstract materials.
In the 3 to 6 environment, the Child explores the elements of the tree puzzle (concrete material), moving onto this, the abstract material. Working with this exercise prepares the Child for reading, and (indirectly) writing, and enhancing the Child’s enjoyment of learning. NOTE: the puzzle in the illustrations are sold separately.
Features of the Tree Puzzle Activity
- the direct objective of this material;
- to introduce the Child to the different parts of a tree
- indirectly, the Child;
- improves their vocabulary skills
- develops reading skills
- aligned to the Montessori botany and language curricula
Contents of the Tree Puzzle Activity
- 3 control sheets
- 2 sheets with an outline of the tree; 1 labelled and the other unlabeled
- a real image of the tree on another sheet
- 4 labels for the unlabeled control sheet
- 3-Part cards; 5 sets of the tree
- each set has, a control card, mute image and label
- 1 x A4 Clear plastic envelope to store the activity
- control sheets – 21.5cm x 21.5cm / (8½” x 8½”)
- control card of classified cards – 13.5cm x 9cm / (5¼” x 3½”)
- plastic envelope – 33.5cm x 24cm x 0.5cm / (13″ x 9½” x ¼”)
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- The Tree Puzzle
- Early Botany Activity Bundle
- Parts of a Tree Activity
- Life Cycle of a Plant Activity
Suggested Activity Exercises
- After working with the tree puzzle, the Child familiarises themselves with the labelled control sheet;
- placing each part of the puzzle on top of the line image of the tree
- match the labels to the parts of the tree.
- Repeat the actions above with the unlabeled control sheet.
- As a bit of fun, have the Child build the puzzle on the work table and use the labels to label the parts as they say the word
- they can use the labels to name the various parts on the image of the real trees.
- After completing the above activities, the Child familiarises themselves with the 3-part card set.
- A further activity, that the Child might enjoy, is to trace around the puzzle parts onto a blank sheet of paper, and colour them in.
- Make a copy of the unlabeled control sheet. Give the Child a label and ask them to copy the word next to the part of the tree on the copy of this unlabeled control sheet and to colour it in.
- The Child can search for a similar tree in the garden, and, using the labels, name the parts on that tree.