This book, “Too Wet – Too Dry”, offers children the opportunity to become the teacher. Each child lead the group discussion for 1 chapter. Every two pages is a different chapter which offers a different child the chance to lead the group discussion. The leader prompts the group to –
- predict what the subject matter of that chapter, will be, and to read the story out loud
- talk about words and their meaning. Ask the group if there were words they didn’t understand; there is a Thesaurus, at the back of the book, to help clarify the meanings of words with the group.
- ask questions to find out more by asking how, why, when, where, etc. There is also a world map at the back of the book for reference, however, we suggest that you use an atlas if possible.
- finally, summarize what you all read. A section prompting children to think what it would be like to live in a wet or dry place comes at the end. Encourage the group to express their feelings; through writing about them or drawing what they would feel if they lived in a difficult climate.
Too wet – too dry is a resource to teach children how to approach and understand that reading is more than just a story. The subject under discussion is important, children must learn to think about what is being discussed in books to help their comprehension. What is the story trying to teach you, and how does it affect you. This language rich, with high quality realistic photographs demonstrates how climate change is affecting the world. As the Child’s level of maturity evolves they learn to focus on different sections. Using this format will improve their comprehension, vocabulary and their oral, written and visual language.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org