The Trinomial Cube represents the algebraic formula (a + b + c)³. The factors of the equation are represented by cubes and prisms. The colour coded blocks are different sizes to represent the algebraic Trinomial formula.
The purpose, for the preschooler, is not to teach maths but to challenge the child to find patterns and spatial relationships. It is best to think of these as three-dimensional puzzles. Indirectly, the Child is being prepared for mathematics.
When the Child enters the 6 to 9 environment the indirect purpose becomes the direct purpose and they start the exciting journey into algebra.
- aimed at all the environments
- initially, a form of puzzle and to imprint the spatial and muscle memory
- used to explore algebraic equations in the elementary class
- a self-correcting exercise
- beautifully crafted from Beech wood
- Stored on the shelf in a hinged Beech wood box with a lid.
The Montessori materials all share certain qualities. They are beautiful, precise and didactic. Offering an isolated concept to master. They are self-correcting.