This full size Teen and Ten Boards Set, known also as the Séguin boards is stored in 2 separate boxes.
Both the teen and ten boards are aimed at teaching the Child the number names, symbols and sequence of numbers, but from different aspects.
- Teen board work revolves around numbers from 10 to 19. The two wooden boards have 9 number slots, each labelled with 10. The Child counts up, sliding the wooden digit cards 1 to 9 into these slots.
- The Child gains a solid foundation of the decimal system through their work with the teens board.
- Ten board work revolves around numbers from 11 to 99. The two wooden boards have 9 number slots, each labelled in sequence from 10 to 90. The Child counts up, sliding the wooden digit cards 1 to 9 into each slot.
- The numbers 11 to 19 are particularly difficult for a child to learn as their names are more complicated than those of the rest of the number system.
These materials teach the child quantities and symbols higher than 10 (11-99 and 20-90). This also reinforces the transference of their knowledge of concrete number sequencing to the abstract. The Montessori tens and teens bead boxes are used with these products, but sold separately.
Size of the Teen and Ten Boards Set:
- 2 x plywood boxes with loose lids, to store the material – 43 x 17 x 6.5 cm / ( 17″ x 7″ x 2.5″)
- 4 x plywood boards – 39 x 14 x 2 cm / (15″ x 5.5″ x 1″)
- 20 x Numbers – 7 x 7 cm / (3″ x 3″)