The Subtraction Snake Game is used to introduce the Child to the unit combinations of subtraction. The objective is that the Child either just builds a snake or looks at a pre-written equation. The Child builds a “coloured snake” out of Coloured Beads, interspersed with the grey negative bead bars. They then subtract and make exchanges to come up with the difference.
The method to teaching Montessori math is by a sensorial, and concrete-to-abstract, approach.
Features of the Subtraction Snake Game
- boxes and tray are made of birch ply
- colour coded boxes
- the 4 boxes fit neatly in the tray
- the tray has 2 handles
- grey box containing 5 sets of Negative Bead Stairs
- green box containing 5 sets of Colored Bead Stairs
- gold box containing 23 Golden Bars Of 10
- white lid and black box containing a Black And White Bead Stair
- each box is 11.5 cm x 8.5 cm x 4.5 cm / ( 4½” x 3½” x 1¾” )
- the tray is 35 cm x 14.5 cm x 5 cm / (13¾” x 5¾” x 2″ )
One of the attractions to the Montessori Method is the extensive use of wood.
We use several types of wood, sourced from renewable sources, in the production of our Montessori Materials.
- Solid beechwood for cylinder blocks, pink towers, dressing frames and brown stairs.
- Birchply for trays, holders and animal and botany puzzles.
- MDF for puzzle maps
- Pineply for boxes and containers
We ensure that the coatings and inks used are not only eco-friendly, but also non-toxic.
Our wooden products are manufactured by responsible partner factories both locally and abroad and ensure that fair labour practices are adopted.
Care instructions for Childrens House Wooden Materials:
- If wooden products are exposed to liquids, wipe dry as quickly as possible.
- Most of the surfaces can be wiped with a damp cloth if exposed to dirt or grime.
- Avoid leaving any of our wooden product in direct sunlight, as it may warp certain woods and/ or the coating may fade over time.
This product qualifies for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 days shipping calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 days shipping calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- Addition Snake Game is an introduction for, the Montessori Child, to addition equations and combinations of the unit numbers.
- The Elementary Negative Snake Game is used by the Child to understand negative numbers
- The Multiplication Snake Game is used for by the Child to practise the unit of combinations of multiplication