After introducing the Child to the globes, the teacher presents the puzzle maps. Starting with an overview of the world maps, next present the continent where the school is based. Use the South America Unlabeled Control Mat as a reference for children. This material allows them to work independently, and be able to self-check their work.
A critical part of the introductory lesson shows the Child how to respect; and work with the puzzle pieces; as well as how to return the completed puzzle to the correct shelf in the map stand.
Features of the South America Unlabeled Control Mat:
- the direct objective of this material is for the Child to;
- learn how to make the South America continent puzzle map
- indirectly, the Child;
- improves their vocabulary skills
- develops reading and cognitive skills
- receives an introduction to geography
- curriculum support material; aligned to the Montessori geography curricula
- this product follows that of the globes, and the 3-part card flags or South America continent folder will follow
Contents of the South America Unlabeled Control Mat:
- 1 x mat made from synthetic material – 58cm x 47cm / (22¾” x 18½”)
- sold in a transparent, plastic A5 envelope – 24cm x 16cm / (9½” x 6¼”)