Space fascinates children. The Solar System 3 Part Cards depict the planets beautifully and can be used with the Puzzle of the Planets of the Solar System.
- 10 Classified Cards – control, mute and labels
- 8 planets, the sun and the moon
- the objective; teach the correct nomenclature to children.
- printed on non-tear paper, no lamination required.
- sold in a plastic container with lid for storage and display on your Montessori shelf
WHY IS IT CALLED THE “SOLAR SYSTEM”?
There are many planetary systems similar to ours in the universe, with planets orbiting a host star. The Latin name for the Sun is ‘solis’. The root of this nomenclature formed ‘solar’ and that is how the name of our planetary system arose.
Made up of a star (the Sun), our Solar System has eight planets. The Solar System 3 Part Cards illustrate these eight planets, the sun and moon, beautifully. The balance of the solar system has countless smaller bodies, dwarf planets, asteroids and comets.
It takes our Solar System about 230 million years to complete one orbit around the galactic centre.