One of the greatest gifts you can give children, is to foster their self-confidence. This will assist them in developing skills that will help them in the activities of everyday life. These acts will add meaning to their lives and encourage them to develop independence.
During their sensitive periods, children begin to demand to “do it for themselves”. Ensuring that you have a prepared environment ready, to encourage them to satisfy these demands, is very important. This helps develop and grow their independence, fine motor skills, and muscle control, and is of paramount importance. This small glass of 100ml, is the one of the ideal utensils to have ready for this stage.
Introduction to the Small Glass – 100ml
- there is no one direct objective for this product because it is such a versatile resource. Listed below are possible activities to encourage the Child to improve and develop their fine motor skills;
- drinking – but note; all of these activities incorporate other practical life items, such as jugs, bowls, spoons and more than one glass
- indirectly, the Child;
- develops, and strengthens their fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination
- improves their focus, concentration, independence and social skills
- this activity falls within the Montessori practical life curriculum
Contents of the Small Glass – 100ml
- sturdy, strong glass
- the glass is the perfect size for small hands to hold
- has a strong base
Size: height 8cm x diameter 5.5cm / (3¼” x 2¼”)
The teaspoon and the naartjie (tangerine) in the illustrations provide context of size.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further Reading and Resources
- Pouring and transferring activities – la Petite Creche