The set of 3 white funnels is designed to provide children with various options to transfer liquids; and solids; such as sugar, rice, and salt. Funnels are an indispensable activity in the practical life environment, or the elementary science classes.
Activities with the Set of 3 White Funnels
- an essential item for the practical life environment
- children use this product to decant the powder; or liquid; into a smaller container
- forms part of the Montessori curriculum used in the pouring, and transferring activities
Sizes of the Set of Funnels
- large funnel is – 9cm ∅ x 11cm height / (3½” x 4¼”)
- medium funnel is – 8cm ∅ x 9cm height / (2¾” x 3½”)
- small funnel is – 7cm ∅ x 7cm height / (2″ x 2¾”)
- A single funnel – 50mm in length.
- The rain gauge can introduce the children to the water cycle activity.
- The ceramic spoon can be used to transfer rice from a container into the funnel, and then through the funnel into a jar.
Further Reading and Reference Material
- Pouring and using a funnel with children by the Global Montessori Network.org
- Pouring through a funnel by Jeanne Marie of Voila Montessori.com