Children love animals and what is better than the challenge of making a colorful rooster puzzle? As they make this jigsaw, them improve their coordination and fine motor muscles for handwriting.
Picking up and placing the individual wooden puzzle pieces into this frame helps to develop their
- fine motor muscles in their hands
- muscle control
- hand-eye coordination
- pincer grip (required for handwriting)
- other cognitive skills
Contents and Size
A birchply puzzle in a frame
24cm x 24cm x 0.5cm
(9½” x 9½ x ¼”)
One of the attractions to the Montessori Method is the extensive use of wood.
We use several types of wood, sourced from renewable sources, in the production of our Montessori Materials.
- Solid beechwood for cylinder blocks, pink towers, dressing frames and brown stairs.
- Birchply for trays, holders and animal and botany puzzles.
- MDF for puzzle maps
- Pineply for boxes and containers
We ensure that the coatings and inks used are not only eco-friendly, but also non-toxic.
Our wooden products are manufactured by responsible partner factories both locally and abroad and ensure that fair labour practices are adopted.
Care instructions for Childrens House Wooden Materials:
- If wooden products are exposed to liquids, wipe dry as quickly as possible.
- Most of the surfaces can be wiped with a damp cloth if exposed to dirt or grime.
- Avoid leaving any of our wooden product in direct sunlight, as it may warp certain woods and/ or the coating may fade over time.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Bird Puzzle
- The Bird Skeleton Puzzle
- Growth Process of a Chicken Puzzle
- Farm Animals Family Groups
- Farm Animals and their Young
Further Reading and Resources
A comb is a fleshy growth or crest on the top of the head of gallinaceous birds, such as turkeys, pheasants, and domestic chickens. Its alternative name cockscomb (with several spelling variations) reflects that combs are generally larger on males than on females.
Chicken combs are most commonly red (but may be black or dark purple in breeds such as Silkies or Sebrights), but in other species the color may vary from light grey to deep blue or red; turkey combs can vary in color from bright red to blue.