One of the earliest skills the Montessori Child learns, is that of sequencing. By learning to sequence, the Child develops the ability to understand; and arrange purposeful patterns of actions; behaviours, ideas or thoughts. By learning to count, the Child begins with a concrete product; such as the golden beads; before taking things to the next level, that of abstract numbers. The mat for bead chains of 100, is an essential resource in this process. It is long enough to accommodate ten bead chains; of ten golden beads each; in one unbroken chain. The mat can also be used for the other longer bead chains from the bead cabinet. Working independently, the Child lays the mat on the classroom floor, and then the bead chain on top. They then use printed arrows to count off the number of units that they are working with, to mark the division.
Features of the Mat for Bead Chains of 100
- assists the Child to keep the bead chains from rolling around
- delineates the space for the Child to work within
- indirectly, this material assists the Child to maintain a sense of order
- curriculum support material, aligned to the Montessori mathematics curriculum
- this material follows the hundred board, and short bead chain products
Contents of the Mat for Bead Chains of 100
- a long, narrow mat made from dark grey serge, with rounded corners
- washable material
- the material has a nap, which prevents the bead chains from rolling around
The bead chains, used in the illustrations, are sold separately.
128cm x 22cm / (50¼” x 8½”)
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Hundred Bead Chain
- The Thousand Bead Chain
- Printed Arrows for 100 and 1000 Bead Chains
- The Short Bead Chains
- The Short Bead Chains and Rack
- Frame for 100 and 1000 Bead Chains