Tortoises are reptiles because they have scales and dry skin and are cold-blooded. Furthermore, they descend from dinosaurs
The Life Cycle of a Tortoise Activity introduces the young Child to the cycle of life and helps them improve their vocabulary. This unique material takes the Child from the verbal story; developing the sensorial (concrete) understanding of the material with the objects (sold separately); to the abstract, with the incorporation of images and labels. The Montessori Animal Kingdom Colour-coded material, codes tortoises brown. As cold-blooded animals, they are classified as Reptiles.
Contents of a Tortoise Activity
- 1 x control chart
- 1st working chart called the labelled object working chart. Use with the objects, (objects are sold separately).
- 2nd working chart called the unlabeled working chart, use with the image and labels.
- Replace the objects with the 4 small images. When ready, add the 4 labels onto the unlabeled working chart.
- The Child matches the real image of each life cycle of the tortoise, to the labeled image on the 4 activity cards.
- 1 set of 3-part cards, classifying the nomenclature for the young child.
- 4 Definition cards with:
- a control card,
- a card with an incomplete phrase
- labels to complete the phrase.
- All contents are stored in a 4 plastic envelope.
The teacher can also use the definition cards as an aid as s/he tells the story of the Life Cycle of a Tortoise Activity to very young children.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- Life cycle of a Tortoise Objects
- The Tortoise Puzzle
- Tortoise Puzzle Activity
- Parts of a Tortoise Activity
Further Reading and Resources