The Life Cycle of a Salmon Activity goes beyond the standard life cycle offering. This material takes the Child from the verbal story; developing the sensorial (concrete) understanding of the material with the objects (sold separately), to the abstract, with the incorporation of images and labels. All the material is colour coded according to the Montessori Animal Kingdom, fish being coded light green.
Features of the Life Cycle of a Salmon Contents:
- 1 set of 3-part cards, classifying the nomenclature for the very young child.
- 1 Control chart.
- the labeled object working chart, for the objects, (objects sold separately).
- 2nd working chart called the unlabeled working chart, for the image and labels.
- replace the objects with the 5 small images, and when ready, add the 5 labels onto the unlabeled working chart.
- the Child matches the real image of each life cycle of the salmon, to the labeled image on the 5 activity cards.
- 5 Definition cards with:
- a control card,
- a card with an incomplete phrase
- labels to complete the phrase.
The teacher can also use the definition cards, as an aid as s/he tells the story of the life cycle of the salmon activity to very young children. The plastic A4 envelope stores all the contents.