The Life Cycle of Octopus Activity introduces the young Child to more than just the octopus’ cycle of life. This unique material takes the Child from the verbal story; developing the sensorial (concrete) understanding of the material with the objects (sold separately), to the abstract, with the incorporation of images and labels. Montessori Animal Kingdom classifies all animals for the botany curriculum. Under this classification, Cephalopods are colour-coded grey.
Features of the Contents:
- 1 Control chart.
- working chart called the labelled object working chart, for the objects (objects are sold separately).
- 2nd working chart called the unlabeled working chart, for the image and labels.
- Replace the objects with the 5 small images, and when ready, add the 5 labels onto the unlabeled working chart.
- The Child matches the real image of each life cycle of the octopus, to the labeled image on the 5 activity cards.
- 1 set of 3-part cards, classifying the nomenclature for the very young child.
- Definition cards with:
- a control card,
- a card with an incomplete phrase
- labels to complete the phrase.
The teacher can also use the definition cards, as an aid as they tell the story of the life cycle of an octopus activity to very young children. The plastic A4 envelope stores all the contents.
NOTE: The objects are sold separately.