The Life Cycle of a Horseshoe Crab Activity goes beyond the standard life cycle offering. This unique material takes the Child from the verbal story; developing the sensorial (concrete) understanding of the material with the objects (sold separately); to the abstract, with the incorporation of images and labels. Colour-coded material, coded according to the Montessori Animal Kingdom. The crabs are Arthropods, and coded yellow. They are not actually crabs at all, being more closely related to spiders and other arachnids than to crabs or lobsters, however they are definitely arthropods.
Contents of a Horseshoe Crab Activity
- 1 x control chart
- 1st working chart called the labelled object working chart. Use with the objects (objects are sold separately).
- 2nd working chart called the unlabeled working chart, use with the image and labels.
- Replace the objects with the 4 small images. When ready, add the 4 labels onto the unlabeled working chart.
- The Child matches the real image of each life cycle of the horseshoe crab, to the labeled image on the 4 activity cards.
- 1 set of 3-part cards, classifying the nomenclature for the very young child.
- 4 Definition cards with:
- a control card,
- a card with an incomplete phrase
- labels to complete the phrase.
- All contents are stored in a 4 plastic envelope.
The teacher can also use the definition cards as an aid as s/he tells the story of the life cycle of a horseshoe crab activity to very young children.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- use the Life Cycle of the Horseshoe Crab Objects with this activity
- learn the different parts of the crab with the Parts of a Crab Activity
- Fish Puzzle Activity teaches the different body parts of the fish
Further Reading and References
- read about the Horseshoe Crab by The National Wildlife Federation