The Large Wooden Number Cards is a beautiful product to help the Child understand the hierarchies; and the relationship between them; whether it is a unit, ten, hundred or thousand.
Features of the Large Wooden Number Cards with Box – 1 to 9000
- the direct objectives for the Child;
- recognise the written numerical symbol for each category of number
- receive an introduction to the decimal system
- indirectly, the Child;
- develops their cognitive skills
- learns how to identify the different numbers; and digits; and express them correctly
- can differentiate between the four different categories of numbers, through the addition of the zeroes
- reinforces the place value of the number, and their colour
- support material for the Montessori mathematics curriculum
- made from birchply, with eco-friendly sprayed lacquer, perfect for the sensorial experience
Contents of the Large Wooden Number Cards
- 4 sets of wooden boards with numerals printed on them
- 1 to 9 (green numbers)
- 10 to 90 (blue numbers)
- 100 to 900 (red numbers)
- 1000 to 9000 (green numbers)
- sold in a beautiful birchply box, for storage
- units – 7cm x 5.5cm x 0.25cm / (2¾” x 2″ x ¼”)
- tens – 11cm x 7cm x 0,25cm / (4¼” x 2¾” x ¼”)
- hundreds – 16cm x 7cm x 0.025cm / (6¼” x 2¾” x ¼”)
- thousands – 21.5cm x 7cm x 0.025cm / (8¼” x 2¾” x ¼”)
- box (no lid) – 30.5cm x 11.5cm x 4cm / (12″ x 4½” x 1½”)
One of the attractions to the Montessori Method is the extensive use of wood.
We use several types of wood, sourced from renewable sources, in the production of our Montessori Materials.
- Solid beechwood for cylinder blocks, pink towers, dressing frames and brown stairs.
- Birchply for trays, holders and animal and botany puzzles.
- MDF for puzzle maps
- Pineply for boxes and containers
We ensure that the coatings and inks used are not only eco-friendly, but also non-toxic.
Our wooden products are manufactured by responsible partner factories both locally and abroad and ensure that fair labour practices are adopted.
Care instructions for Childrens House Wooden Materials:
- If wooden products are exposed to liquids, wipe dry as quickly as possible.
- Most of the surfaces can be wiped with a damp cloth if exposed to dirt or grime.
- Avoid leaving any of our wooden product in direct sunlight, as it may warp certain woods and/ or the coating may fade over time.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Further Reading and Resources
Material Spotlight: Large Wooden Number Cards by Montessori Academy