Montessori learning environments take a unique approach to teaching math: The carefully designed math materials take an abstract concept, such as “length,” and make it into concrete materials that children can hold in their hands. The Number Rods help a child begin his understanding of the numbers 1 through 10….(read more). Our product; the Large Number Rods Activity Set, provides a number of exercises to practice working with this material.
Features of the Large Number Rods Activity Set:
- the direct objective of this activity is for the Child to learn:
- the sequencing of numbers
- the names of numbers
- indirectly, the Child gains:
- an understanding of measurements.
- gains a love of mathematics.
- an introduction to further activities with the large number rods
- improved self-confidence, focus and concentration
- the large number rods act as the control of error
- this material is aimed at the 4 to 6 year old
- it is used through the lower elementary environment
- this activity forms part of the Montessori mathematics curriculum
Contents of the Large Number Rods Activity Set:
- 4 sets of header cards with a question on the front and the answer on the back
- a total of 27 activities
- the cards are self-checking, with the correct answer displayed in a pictorial format, on the back of the card
- children can work independently
- stored in an acrylic stand, to display the cards on the shelves
Size: 12 x 9 x 9.5 cm / (5″ x 3.5″ x 4″)
Note: we sell the large number rods, as seen in the illustrations, separately.