It is important to note, that the classified cards, Kombuis – 3 Deel Kaarte, are for children studying Afrikaans, either as a first or second language.
Children are fascinated to make something to eat in the kitchen. This allows you to develop a strong bond between yourself and the child/ren, and to indirectly introduce them to many other aspects of life, like mathematics (measuring), hygiene (washing your hands), etc. The Kombuis – 3 Deel Kaarte, will go a long way to help the Child develop strong vocabulary skills, and indirectly begin the process of learning to read.
As this is a large set of classified cards, 49 in total. It is suggested that the teacher initially selects between 5 and 6 sets for the Child to work with. Once they have worked through these cards, they move onto the next selection. The full pack starts with simple words, building to more complex words.
Examples of the Word Cards:
Features of Kombuis – 3 Deel Kaarte:
- direct objective for the Child:
- learns the correct nomenclature for the kitchen
- extend their vocabulary
- indirectly, the Child:
- improves their matching skills
- helps develop reading skills
- improves focus, concentration and self-esteem
- encourages the Child to work independently
- children are attracted by the vibrantly coloured illustrations
- the items found in the kitchen, range from the common, to less common, developing the Child’s vocabulary
Contents of Kombuis – 3 Deel Kaarte:
- 49 sets of high definition, vibrantly coloured images, of kitchen appliances and accessories
- each set has a control card, a mute (image) card and a label
- sold in a transparent, A6 plastic envelope to store the cards
- control card – 13.5cm x 9cm / (5¼” x 3½”)
- plastic envelope – 18cm x 13cm x 3cm / (7″ x 5″ x 1¼”)