These five coloured hour glass timers; in a sturdy case; provide children with a visual representation of a period of time. They can watch the pretty coloured sand passing from one end of the timer to the other. As they do this, they gain an understanding of what “time” means.
Features of the Hour Glass Timers in Case
- the main objective of this activity is to introduce the Child to the concept of time
- indirectly, children;
- have an independent means of monitoring how long it takes them to complete a task
- understand what it means when they have to complete a task within a set period of time
- learn to challenge themselves, and so improve their performance
- this activity can be used with an analog clock to watch the passing of time
- it is important to ensure that this activity is used as a productive; rather than punitive; means of motivating children
Contents of the Hour Glass Timers in Case
- 5 colourful perspex hour glasses – each stand – 15.5 cm (tall) x 5.5 cm (diameter) / (6″ x 2″)
- the stands and sand are coloured, red, green, yellow, blue and black
- each colour indicates a specific, pre-measured time that the sand will take to flow from one end through to the other end, e.g. red – 10 min, green – 5 min, yellow – 3 min, blue – 1 min, black – 30 second.
- The clock activity 3-part cards in the gallery illustrations are sold seperately
- 1 transparent, perspex case – 30 cm x 24.5 cm x 7 cm / (11¾” x 9½” x 2¾”)
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Timeline of the Seasons – Southern Hemisphere – an introduction to the different activities and seasons throughout a full year. This product is also available for the northern hemisphere.
- The Birthday Circle Activity – used to celebrate every child’s birthday in the class. This product is adaptable to suit both the northern and southern hemisphere’s without requiring additional cards.
- Clock Activity – o’Clock – this is one of six different sets of times; o’clock, quarter past, quarter to, half past, 5 mins, 1 mins, that includes analog and digital 3-part cards
Further Reading and Resources
The Benefits of Using Visual Timers with Children – by howwemontessori