Introduce the child to geography, as they learn how to complete the Europe Puzzle Map. Each individual piece is an independent country in Europe. The knob on each piece, serves a dual purpose; it indicates the position of the capital of each country, and it helps the Child to lift each piece out of the frame with ease. This map is an integral component of the Montessori curriculum and serves several purposes:
Direct Objective by working with the Europe Puzzle Map
The main aim of using this puzzle map, is to introduce the Child to the geography of Europe. By manipulating, and placing the pieces, they develop an understanding of the shape, and location of each country.
Indirectly, children develop other skills;
- they refine their fine motor skills, strengthening their finger muscles as they lift each state out of the frame, using the knob provided
- enhance their cognitive development; by working out how to place each puzzle piece. This requires spatial awareness, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- broaden their vocabulary, as they learn to say the name of each country
- the self-correcting nature of the jigsaw puzzle allows children to identify, and correct mistakes independently. This nurtures a sense of self-confidence, and autonomy as they explore, and learn.
The wooden frame, surrounding the puzzle map measures: 57.5cm x 45cm x 2cm / (22.½” x 17¾” x ¾”).
One of the attractions to the Montessori Method is the extensive use of wood.
We use several types of wood, sourced from renewable sources, in the production of our Montessori Materials.
- Solid beechwood for cylinder blocks, pink towers, dressing frames and brown stairs.
- Birchply for trays, holders and animal and botany puzzles.
- MDF for puzzle maps
- Pineply for boxes and containers
We ensure that the coatings and inks used are not only eco-friendly, but also non-toxic.
Our wooden products are manufactured by responsible partner factories both locally and abroad and ensure that fair labour practices are adopted.
Care instructions for Childrens House Wooden Materials:
- If wooden products are exposed to liquids, wipe dry as quickly as possible.
- Most of the surfaces can be wiped with a damp cloth if exposed to dirt or grime.
- Avoid leaving any of our wooden product in direct sunlight, as it may warp certain woods and/ or the coating may fade over time.
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Europe Flags
- Europe Labeled Control Mat
- Europe Unlabeled Control Mat
- Europe Labels
- Europe Mammals
- Europe Continent Folder
Further Reading and Resources
Montessori Daoshi present the continent maps