After introducing the Child to the globes, the teacher presents the puzzle maps. Starting with an overview of the world maps, they next present the puzzle map of the continent, where the school is based. Use the Asia Labeled Control Mat, as a reference for children. This material helps them to label the individual pieces of the Asia puzzle map, working on their own. Control mats enable them to check their own work. As each label is placed on the puzzle map the Child names the country, which reinforces their knowledge of the specific country, where it was placed.
A critical part of the introductory lesson shows the Child how to respect; and work with the puzzle pieces; as well as how to return the completed puzzle to the correct shelf in the map stand.
Features of the Asia Labeled Control Mat
- the direct objective of this material is for the Child to;
- learn the name of each country of the Asia continent
- indirectly, the Child;
- improves their vocabulary skills
- develops reading and cognitive skills
- receives an introduction to geography
- curriculum support material; aligned to the Montessori geography curricula
- this product follows that of the globes, and the 3-part card flags or Asia continent folder will follow
Contents of the Asia Labeled Control Mat
- 1 x mat made from synthetic material – 58cm x 47cm / (22¾” x 18½”)
- sold in a transparent, plastic A5 envelope – 24cm x 16cm / (9½” x 6¼”)
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
The Elliot Academy is a division of Brylin Independent Learning Centre. Brylin boasts a 2.1 ha site in the centre of Port Elizabeth, Gqberha, in a suburb called Fairview. There are three divisions of the school, namely the Elliot Academy which is comprised of a Montessori babies and toddlers class, and a Pre-Primary and Primary school. Learners are accepted from 6 months of age into the environment and experience the Montessori babies, toddlers, Pre Primary and Primary up until Grade 7. The school is small at 60 learners and there is capacity for 120 learners.
At Brylin, we pride ourselves on our exceptional facilities and environment which is safe and stimulating to our young learners. We have 4 classes, 5 teachers and 4 teaching assistants. For viewing and enquiries, please contact the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 041-368 7110.