A sorting activity, involving Animate and Inanimate Cards. Children in the 3 to 6 environment, love matching and sorting exercises. This card activity teaches them about the concept of living (animate) and non-living (inanimate) states.
Prior to this activity, the teacher takes real items similar to those illustrated on these cards. S/he explains the concept of what it means to be alive or non-living. When the Child is ready, the teacher sorts the control cards under the correct heading, discussing them with the Child. Using the cards, without borders, the Child sorts the cards under the correct headings and self-checks their work matching the control cards to their results.
Contents of the Animate and Inanimate Cards:
- 12 cards without a border, 6 animate images and 6 inanimate images, and 2 header cards with borders
- 6 control cards with a green border and 1 header card with a green border
- 6 control cards with a black border and 1 header card with a black border
- printed with eco-friendly ink on non-tear, recyclable card – 10 x 9.5 cm / (4″ x 4″)
- wipe cards clean with a damp cloth, no lamination required
- delivered in a plastic envelope – 18 x 12.5 cm / (7″ x 5″)