The Addition Snake Game introduces the child to addition combinations of the unit numbers. The essence of this activity is that the Child just builds a snake or looks at an equation that has been written out for them. The Child then builds a “colourful snake” with the Coloured Bead Bars, and makes exchanges to come up with a total. This would be a golden snake for static addition and a golden snake with some colour for dynamic addition. It familiarises the Child with all the possible number combinations that make up 10.
The method to teaching Montessori math is by a sensorial, and concrete-to-abstract, approach.
Features of the Addition Snake Game
- boxes and tray are made of beech wood
- colour coded boxes with lids
- all 3 boxes fit neatly into the tray
- tray has 2 handles
- red box with 5 sets of Colored Bead Stairs
- white lid and black box with 1 set of Black and White Bead Stairs
- gold box with 23 Golden Bars Of 10
- each box is 11.5 cm x 8.5 cm x 4.5 cm / ( 4½” x 3½” x 1¾” )
- the tray is 30 cm x 14.5 cm x 3.5 cm / ( 12″ x 5¾” x 1¾” )
This product qualifies for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 days shipping calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 days shipping calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Elementary Negative Snake Game is used by the Child to understand negative numbers
- The Subtraction Snake Game is used to introduce the Child to the unit combinations of subtraction
- The Multiplication Snake Game is used for by the Child to practise the unit of combinations of multiplication.
Further Reading and References
- The Montessori Snake Game: Addition and Subtraction with Coloured Beads
- Read how to present the Addition Snake Game by Montessori Album