The transparent 50 ml glass cup with a floral design, fits their small hands perfectly. This activity teaches the Child hand-eye muscle control, as well as independence, and social etiquette. This experience forms part of the grace, and courtesy section of the Montessori curriculum. This glass cup fits the clear saucer, making the two items the perfect accessory for any lunch, or tea time.
Features of the 50ml Clear Cup – floral
- the direct objective is for the Child to learn how to use a cup
- indirectly, children will-
- develop more hand-eye coordination, and gross muscle control
- gain assurance to use ‘real’ crockery with confidence
- improve their social skills, and table manners
- develop independence, and a sense of order
- this product forms part of the accessories required for the Montessori practical life curriculum
- we sell separate saucers, which turns this product into a cup, and saucer set
Size: 6cm ∅ x 5.5cm height / (2¼” x 2″)
Order R1000 worth of items to qualify for free shipping to your door anywhere in South Africa.
Transit times depend on your location:
- Cape Metro – next day if your order is placed before 13h00
- Gauteng & Durban – 2 to 3 days
- Everywhere else – 2 to 4 days depending on your location
Feel free to email us should you require any further information.
We offer free delivery to the USA:
- USA – free for orders over $300 – 7 days to your door
- Canada – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to additional GST & PST which is billed on arrival
- UK – 7 day shipping is calculated at checkout – subject to 20% VAT which is billed on arrival
- EU – 7 day shipping calculated at checkout – subject to EU VAT which is billed on arrival
- Australia – 9 days – may be subject to 10% GST which is billed on arrival
- NZ – 9 days – may be subject to 15% GST which is billed on arrival
Should you require further information about shipping charges, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- we sell separate saucers, which turn this product into a cup and saucer set.
- carrying trays is an essential skill for Children to learn and a must for the practical life classroom.
- pouring tea from a teapot is a further important skill for the young Child, developing hand-eye coordination
Further Reading and References
The Importance of Practical Life Activities Within the Montessori Method by the Guidepost Team
Understanding the Montessori Practical Life Curriculum by Children’s House Montessori School of Reston in Virginia, USA