Build the Solar System Kit in 3D with this kit.
Our solar system is located with the ‘Milky Way” galaxy, which has an estimated 400 billion stars. The sun is actually a massive star, that appears yellow from earth (due to the atmosphere), but it is actually white. There are 8 planets in the solar system – 4 ‘small’ and 4 large.
Saturn’s rings were discovered by Galileo in 1610. Jupiter, Neptune and Uranus also have rings, but these rings are not visible from earth; and they were only discovered in 1970’s and 1980’s rings.
Contents: – Polystyrene Balls
- 1 x 150mm ball (The Sun)
- 1 x 100mm ball (Jupiter)
- 2 x 70mm half-balls (Saturn)
- 1 x 60mm ball (Uranus)
- 1 x 50mm ball (Neptune)
- 2 x 40mm ball (Venus & Earth)
- 2 x 30mm ball (Mercury & Mars)
- 1 x 20mm ball (Pluto)
- Polystyrene Ring: 120mm ring for the base. The sun to balance on this ring for display purposes.
- 9 x 30cm Bamboo Skewer Sticks.
- Saturn Rings: Cut out the disc on the back of this box.
NOT INCLUDED IN THIS KIT
- Strong Scissors / wire cutters
- Wood / Craft / School Glue
- Acrylic / Craft Paints
- 2 x Eyelet screws for hanging
- Fishing Gut
Item No: JT-SOL