Introducing the ETC® Map Game to help you implement your knowledge of geography while at the same time incorporating the study of civilizations, ecology, and climate.
The set comes complete with 94 square cards – 5cm x 5cm (2″ x 2″). These cards are designed to fit together in a variety of ways. This allows you to display a large number of different views. Students are no longer limited to the number of land forms or island formation they should choose to design.
The set includes 13 figures which may be used to create stories. These stories help the student to understand climate and biome formation. The material also comes with all the necessary pieces to create a legend, and grid system. Finally, a box with a lid is provided so that you can easily and efficiently store the material and place it on the shelf.
These cards are printed on a brand new, technologically advanced type of paper. Realizing that Montessori teachers like to have their materials laminated, we chose to use a new innovative material that will hold up to everyday use. With an impressive thickness and a tangible, velvety texture, these cards are printed on specialty paper that no other Montessori publisher has ever used. This triple layer of material looks and feels incredible. It’s sleek! It’s bold and it’s guaranteed to make an impression on your students.
We have used a 700 gsm “Smart White” paper with a black middle layer that is thicker than the two white layers giving it the equivalent feel of a 20 mil lamination thickness. This paper is designed to provide depth and a unique appearance.
- 1 x Beech wood Box (16.5cm x 16.5cm) with a loose lid.
- 57 cards (5cm x 5cm) printed with a design
- 31 cards (5cm x 5cm) with a blue background to depict water
- 6 cards (5cm x 5cm) with a plain green background to depict land
- 1 card (5cm x 5cm) with a white background and a compass design
- 1 minature plastic compass 2cm in diameter
- 1 card (5cm x 5cm) with a white background and a design of wind
- 14 white labels (5cm x 1cm) numbered 1 to 14
- 14 white labels (5cm x 1cm) marked A to N
- 4 white labels (5cm x 1cm) displaying WIND and underscored with an arrow to show the direction of the wind
- 4 white labels (5cm x 1cm) displaying the scale 0 to 400km and 0 to 400miles
- minature rubberised objects of the following animals – seal (3cm), white cow 3cm, bluey-green butterfly (2.5cm), green snake (5cm), tiger (3cm), turtle (3cm), clownfish (3cm), green frog (2.5cm), gorilla (2.5cm), flamingo (2cm), man of war jellyfish (3cm)
All these items are included with your purchase.
Take a look at our Geography Flow Chart for Lower Elementary and Upper Elementary to see how this work fits in with the traditional Montessori geography curriculum
Map Game Rubric:
The cards and objects found here do not include instructions. Task cards for implementing the map game may be found for levels 6-9 or level 9-12 by following the links. Alternatively, teachers may opt to create their own set of task cards
Item No: ELC5023