Liberté School (www.liberteschool.co.za) is looking for a permanent Foundation Phase or Montessori 6 – 12 Educator, with at least 3 years of working experience within education and 5 years of experience overall, to join our elite team dedicated to creating the best possible learning environment for the children attending Liberté School.
The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with and report to the School’s principal and management board to implement, develop and refine, a modern cognitive science inspired teaching philosophy.
To be successful in this position, you should be willing to learn and incorporate new innovative teaching philosophies into a blended Cambridge and Montessori curriculum. You will have to demonstrate synergy with the Liberté School philosophy and be willing to take pride in the incredible opportunity educators have given to shape the future.
The position would initially involve acting as a tutor for our academically advanced students in our Pre-Primary school, introducing them to the Cambridge Primary Curriculum as well as the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) 6 – 12 curriculum whilst the School is in the process of registering its Primary School with the Department of Basic Education. The successful candidate must be willing to implement and adopt a cognitive science-based approach to education. Once the primary school is fully established and registered, the candidate should be willing to take over as a 6- – 9/Foundation Phase Educator.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
– must be fully registered with the South African Council for Educators (SACE);
– must have an advanced qualification (NQF Level 7 or higher);
– must have a teaching qualification or recognised Montessori qualification;
– must have a police clearance certificate;
– must be computer literate, with a proven ability to work with offline and online/cloud-based communication and collaboration tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, Gmail and Google Suite, Open Office, Trello, Zoom, etc.);
– must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, problem-solving, administration communication and collaborative skill;
– must be in possession of a valid work permit / permanent resident (if not a South African citizen).
– must have contactable references.
– must have a minimum of 5 years of working experience with 3 years in education.
The salary offered is above industry norms and will be based on experience and qualifications.
If you think you are our ideal candidate, send us your motivational letter stating why you feel you would like to join our alternative teaching philosophy, along with your CV, qualifications and contactable references to email@example.com
Only applicants who have submitted the above and meet the stated requirements will be considered. Generic non-specific motivational letters will not be accepted. The right not to make an appointment is reserved. If you are not contacted within one month of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Receive a notification when your listing is published